Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sketch-up to SVG

I have done a lot of work with Sketch-up, and i love designing the 3D models. What i have at my disposal but have done little with is the laser cutter. It has come to my attention though that through a plu-in called slice modeler, you can take a sketch-up model and transform it into a laser cut model doen in slices and then can be put/ glued together. This opens up an entire newe world to me, considering i use to work with open office when dealing with the laser cutter, and i truly hate that program, but hey, its all free right? Anyways, i plan on laser cutting the faneuil hall i have made and putting it together. That file would really bre something spectacular. I can't wait to get it right, although it would take a little bit of tweaking, i plan on getting it done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment