Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Project Update 4/30/12
                I could not for the life of me either find the arduino I have been using or download it from offline. I used the search feature on the computer and the only result I got was for Arduino 17. You have UNO arduino boards and 17 does not support and or identify UNO boards. For this reason, I deviated from my main project today to fix and print off of the 3D printer.
                I had made a piece of the Great Wall of China and finally made the decision to make it happen. Starting off quite rough, the platform was uneven. This has been a reoccurring issue and for some reason I never thought of looking under the platform. The issue was that one of the allen screws was halfway unscrewed and had the platform at an angle. I screwed that back down, heated up the platform, and now have the opportunity to print my Great Wall piece.
                Gradually, I am still learning this machine even after 2 years like we always say. I’ve tried quite hard to stay away from the MakerBot because lately it just seems to waste my time, but I needed one last print before I left for college. I hope to take one of the opportunities you have granted me and intend to follow up on that fab lab place on Mass Ave. Hopefully, I’ll bee lucky enough to get my foot in the door and continue to build great things just like I have gotten the chance to in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment