Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Update

Project Update
                In continuance, I’m constructing 3D models today because you have accidentally misplaced your keys and locked everyone out of the back room where their projects await them. Within that closet was the arduino board I have been using to attempt and figure out how programming works. For this reason, I continued designing 3D objects in Sketchup.
                The most recent creation was the small portion of the Great Wall of China I designed. Then, I figured it would be cool to move on to an object that wasn’t a piece of architecture; a civil war ship. After cruising through Google I found a 34’ model of the CSS Virginia. I have spent a few days working on the file within the dispersed time I have been allotted and have a result. Although not completely refined, it’s getting the job done. The only part I have become incredibly disappointed with is that the bottom of the ship isn’t designed correctly. The real ship curves inward as you look at the bottom. The way the file happened to end up being designed though would not allow me to do such a thing. With a flat bottom, it still retains the ship-like shape and identifiable structure.
                Hopefully tomorrow you will have found the keys and working on the Arduino will commence again. Without someone to guide me though, I’m finding it extremely difficult to just pick up and work with. The web hasn’t been a whole lot of help yet and just plugging LED’s in isn’t exactly ideal. Hopefully tomorrow I will have better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment